SHAPE International Cycling Club
Click Here to
The SICC Regeneration Plan was approved and with immediate effect we are allowed to start our regenerating activities in a safe and authorised manner. Please keep always in mind that the SICC unofficial motto is: “Cycle Safely with SICC”.
Therefore all SICC rides are resumed according to our constitution, group rides etiquettes and following additional rules:
- Rides are restricted to SICC members only (we normally offer a newcomers’ ride on Wednesday for potential new members),
- No more than 10 riders in any group,
- Social distance of 1.5m to be maintained throughout,
- No social gatherings either before or after the ride,
- A Ride Captain will be nominated for every group, responsible for ensuring all rules are followed. The Ride Captain is to carry sterilised gloves and a face mask, in case of having to administer first aid during the ride,
- No sharing of drinks bottles,
- Groups are to maintain the same membership each week to the maximum extent possible.
SICC committee continues to meet (virtually) each week to assess the situation. As and when rules may be eased, we may revisit these extra regulations and adapt them as necessary.
Have a safe ride and enjoy the wonderful Belgium weather
Please be alert to local (Belgian) news, SHAPE Bulletins and the SICC Facebook page for any breaking news or changes to the current regulations and restrictions related to COVID-19 outbreak.